Charles Tumbleston opened his first photo studio in 1980. He quickly established himself as one of Charleston’s premier photographers. And in the years that followed, his one-person operation grew into the two-studio Lowcountry mainstay that is Tumbleston Photography Studios.
Today, nearly 40 years later, Charles is still involved. And his passion for quality and innovation remains at the core of the business. Our mission? To not merely take pictures, but to artistically depict the story of the faces, personalities, and moments we’re entrusted to capture.
Tumbleston’s two large studio spaces are both fully-equipped and staffed with a highly-skilled, talented team of photographers and production experts. Both studios are also actively involved in the West Ashley and Moncks Corner communities in which they’re located and are regular contributors to local charities.
Tumbleston provides the full scope of professional photography:
- Wedding Photography – We’ve photographed hundreds of weddings at Charleston’s favorite locations during our more than 30 years in the Lowcountry.
- Engagements – We create spectacular engagement albums whether we shoot in-studio or at your favorite spot as the question’s asked on bended knee.
- Beach Photo Shoots – From senior photos to family portraits, we can capture your family’s favorite moments on your favorite Charleston-area beaches.
- Corporate Event and Staff Photos – We specialize in shooting corporate events from casual picnics and holiday parties to elegant affairs and seminars.
- Professional Headshots – As a business owner, associate, or performer, we can provide you with top-quality portraits in-studio or we can come to you.
- Family Photos – Let us preserve moments your whole family will treasure forever in one of our two studios or at your favorite Lowcountry location.
- Maternity Photography – Pregnancy is a magical time, and we know exactly how to capture the profound love between mom and her child-to-be.
- Newborns and Kids – We have all the props and expertise to keep your child comfy and content as we capture the spirit of their growing personality.
Photographer & Social Media
Photographer & School Liason
Senior Editor & Restorations